BBA Internship Requirement
Apply for Course Credit
Apply for course credit before you begin your internship.
Report Your Offer
Report your internship offers (accepted and declined).
All McCombs School of Business undergraduate students are required to successfully complete an internship as part of the BBA degree requirements. All students, regardless of major, enroll in BA 353. Apply for course credit, contact Internship Coordinators, view assignment expectations and more on the Internship Requirement web page.
Intended Outcomes Include
- Opportunities to put your academic learning into practice
- Integrated learning about how specific projects relate to larger business goals
- Greater understanding of business processes
- Immersion in a professional business environment
- Increased accountability professional skills
- Enhanced ability to recognize your preferences and abilities and match them with appropriate career-related choices
In addition to academic requirements, students are primarily responsible to the internship employer and must prioritize outside recruiting activities. This obligation takes precedence over other recruiting activities not related to the internship employer. Be aware that you must physically be in Austin on the designated interview date(s) & able to interview on campus.