CBHP Management – Summer Program
The Canfield BHP Management faculty-led program is designed exclusively for CBHP students. Students will earn MAN 336H honors credit in a course taught by McCombs faculty, and take a second course taught by our partner school faculty.
The summer 2022 location for this program will be announced soon
- Academic Term: Summer Session I
- Program Dates: May 28 - July 2, 2022
- Credits: 6 UT credits
- Eligibility: CBHP students w/min. 3.25 GPA
- Prerequisites: BA 324H and credit/reg. for 3 hrs of ANT, PSY, SOC or EDP
- Program Code: 350107
*Applications for Summer 2022 will be open Nov. 1-15
About the Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program is open to Canfield Business Honors Program undergraduates with a minimum 3.25 GPA.
Prerequisites: Credit or registration for BA 324H and 3 hours of Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Educational Psychology 304, or Social Science 302D or 302E
Please note, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Classes usually take place Monday-Thursday (usually 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.). Some afternoon or Friday classes possible. Students are strongly urged to refrain from making weekend travel plans until receipt of finalized schedule. Absence from class will not be permitted.
MAN 336H - Honors Organizational Behavior – Taught by UT faculty
IB372 - Non-Market Strategies in Emerging Markets – Taught by local faculty
Questions about this program? Contact Aleksandra Wingate.
Fees and Tuition
FEES AND TUITION
2022 Program Fee: TBC
In-State Tuition for UT Course (3 credits): $2,176*
Total Cost: TBC
- *Summer 2020 tuition. Summer 2022 tuition information will be posted when it becomes available.
- UT tuition is Texas Resident Tuition. Non-residents are eligible to apply for the Texas Competitive Scholarship Waiver
- For information on scholarships and financial aid, please visit our funding page
For more information on total estimated cost, including flights, meals, etc., view the budget.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM FEE?
- Partner school tuition (for 3-credit UdeSA course)
- Weekly cultural excursions
- Welcome and farewell receptions
- Visits to local companies
- 24/7 assistance from on-site UT staff liaison familiar with language/culture
- Pre-departure sessions
- Re-entry guidance for recruiting
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM FEE?
- UT tuition (for 3-credit UT course)
- UT Affiliated Studies Fee
- Texas Global Fee ($75)
- Overseas insurance
- Local transportation
- Personal expenses (toiletries, shopping, traveling, etc.)
Company visits are an important component of the program. They are designed to provide students with a firsthand look at important local industries, business practices, or politics. Company visits will vary on a yearly basis.
Cultural excursions provide students with an opportunity to experience the local environment. Weekly outings, including admission fees, are coordinated on behalf of the group. These events are built into the program and participation at each event is mandatory.
Excursions will vary on a yearly basis. Past excursions include:
- Iguazú Falls
- Tango Performance and Dinner
- Traditional Argentinian estancia
- Soccer game
Housing and Transportation
HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
Students will stay in shared apartments and can request a roommate.
Earliest check-in to dorms: Saturday before first class day
Latest check-out from dorms: Saturday after last class day
Participants will book their flights on their own and will arrange their own transportation from the airport to the dorm.
Visa and Passport Information
VISA AND PASSPORT INFORMATION
Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of the study abroad trip. Texas Global Passport Services can process passport applications.
Due to COVID-19, U.S. passports are taking an exceptionally long time to be processed. In some cases, even expedited passports may take 12-18 WEEKS to arrive. If you are even considering a study abroad program and you do not have a passport (or your passport will expire within 6 months of the end of your program), you should apply for one now.
UT Austin does not require students to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to participate in study abroad programs.
However, our international partners and/or the country (ies) you are entering may have their own policies and laws surrounding vaccination to which you could be required to adhere. BBA International Programs strongly recommends that students who wish to participate in a study abroad program get vaccinated.