skip main site navigation go to current site section navigation

Health and Insurance Requirements

Insurance for BBA's Abroad

Students studying abroad on a BBA exchange and short-term program are required to have international health insurance, liability insurance, repatriation and evacuation coverage, and travel insurance per a directive by The University of Texas System. The most direct way to get details about this contracted insurance provider please see the UT Study Abroad Office website.  Please understand that all students will be automatically enrolled in and charged for the required insurance! The insurance coverage is effective during the abroad program dates; therefore, it is strongly encouraged to maintain U.S. health insurance coverage in case treatment is necessary upon return to the States or if traveling before the program start.

Please note that if your host school or country requires you to purchase their insurance, you will have to purchase BOTH insurance policies to satisfy UT’s requirement and the partner school’s requirement. Plan your budget accordingly. Please review your partner school "Read First" document on the BBA International Programs Blackboard Community for information we have gathered about insurance, but you will need to carefully check the materials you receive from your partner school for any changes or updates. It is your responsibility to make sure you follow and obtain insurance requirements for your school/country.

International Student ID Cards (ISIC)

UT students studying abroad can elect to get the ISIC, International Student ID Card, which provides proof recognized world-wide of your student status (great for discounts!). ISICs can be obtained online or by visiting the UT International Office.

  • Visit Travel Health Online to receive free, up-to-date information about which vaccines you will need for each country you plan to visit (registration required).
  • Take the UHS online travel health course
  • Call the Allergy and Immunization Clinic at 512-475-8301 to make an appointment with the travel health nurse

For complete details about the Study Abroad Health Insurance please see the UT Study Abroad Website.