Job Search Assistance
McCombs Alumni Job Board is an online job board that offers employers the ability to promote experienced hire opportunities to alumni of the McCombs School of Business throughout the calendar year. Job postings are entered and managed independently by companies and may be directed at alumni with specific degrees.
HireUTexas is The University of Texas at Austin’s campus-wide job board, connecting students and alumni with employers looking for top talent.
McCombs Alumni Résumé Guide will walk you through your targeted accomplishments to create a resume that will Hook ‘em High!
Virtual Mock Interviews – The Big Interview, sponsored by the Texas Exes Association, provides step-by-step video lessons and interview practice tools to help you strengthen your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or an internship.
McCombs Alumni Directory is a valuable tool that helps you stay in touch with your classmates and network with fellow alumni. Please update your information so your classmates and current students can connect with you!
HookedIn is your one-stop shop for alumni-specific job boards, asking a quick question to alumni, scheduling a career coaching appointment, and learning more about your fellow alumni. It’s a combination of LinkedIn, Facebook, and handshake. To search other alumni in target areas, there are multiple ways to connect on the site and set up time to connect for further discussions.
Executive Career Management Assistance
Blue Steps is a leading executive career management service operated by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) and provides executive talent a wealth of career management resources, including absolute confidentiality and ethical connections with AESC
Members. Memberships may be purchased by McCombs alumni at a 30 percent discount.
COMING SOON! Video Tips on Career Skills
Explore other Resources
Alumni Coaching Guidelines:
- McCombs Alumni have access to Certified Alumni Career Coaches for TWO 55-minute appointments per calendar year.
- We are committed to partnering with you to help you realize your career goals. Session topics may include: preparation for an upcoming interview, how to structure a career change, evaluating job opportunities, or reviewing career assessments to identify a new career direction.
- This benefit is free of charge to McCombs Alumni.
- At the end of your sessions, your career coach can outline next steps for you to take on your own or can refer you to an external career coach for additional support.
Top Four Tips for Coaching Success:
- Be prepared to state the goal of your appointment when you schedule it.
- Utilize all online resources ahead of time and provide any results of your efforts (i.e. recent résumé, assessment results, company lists from your job search).
- Have a two-minute “story” or “elevator pitch” ready to go.
- Ensure that you have a Zoom account and confirm the Zoom appointment date & time.
How to Make an Appointment with a Certified Career Coach:
- Go to the Calendar Scheduler to find a time
- Choose a 55-min Timeslot with a Coach that works with your schedule.
- Complete this brief intake questionnaire at least one business day in advance of your appointment, to help you get focused and prepared for your session.
LinkedIn and Social Media
Join the LinkedIn University of Texas McCombs School of Business page, along with private groups for BBA and MBA alumni to keep up to date with what's happening in your network. Be sure that "Red McCombs School of Business" is in the education section of your LinkedIn profile and you automatically become a member. A brief video tutorial is here: LinkedIn Hack. This allows you to search all alumni by city, industry, class year, etc.
Need more FREE LinkedIn Assistance? Join The LinkedIn Guys! This course from two former LinkedIn employees can help you not only build your online brand but understand how to really leverage the platform in your job search.
You can also find the Texas McCombs Alumni Network on Facebook and Twitter.