The McCombs Parents Council Fund
"The Parents Council has provided a great pathway for us to connect with key members of the McCombs administration, leaders in the Program Office, and parents of other students. We are confident that the involvement of the Parents Council will help the student experience at McCombs by providing feedback on programs and processes from the student and parents perspectives, and provide financial support to assist with these vital programs."
Lydia and Randy Rapp
For information on the
Texas BBA Program
If you are interested in learning more about how to get involved in the
McCombs Parents Council
contactKelley Denby or Chase Clancy.
The McCombs Parents Council Fund will play an essential role in supporting undergraduate programs, enhancing the quality of the Texas BBA student experience, and continuing the McCombs tradition of academic excellence and global leadership.
$5,000 – Executive Council
Members of the Executive Council will receive all the $2,500 benefits and
- Serve on Parents Council for a term of up to 4 years or as long as your student is enrolled at McCombs
- Attend two Parents Council meeting each year in Austin
- Serve on one subcommittee that will require two conference calls per year and help on a specific BBA Program Office program or initiative
- Participate in special projects as needed
Membership is subject to a selection process. The Executive Council strives to represent the diversity of students enrolled in the BBA Program through equal participation from cities in Texas and around the U.S.
$2,500 – Advisory Council
Members of the Advisory Council will receive all the $1,000 benefits and
- Will be invited to attend special sessions of the McCombs Parents Council meetings in the fall and spring semesters
$1,000 – Associate Council
Members of the Associate Council will receive the following communications:
- An invitation to attend regional annual donor reception with the Dean
- Email updates on McCombs strategic initiatives and programs from Dean Tom Gilligan
- Email updates on the BBA Program and activities from Associate Dean Dave Platt
- An invitation to an annual Parents Council event
- The Parents Council is working to raise a $4 million endowment. Individual endowments, set up at the $50,000 level and above, will be added together to reach this $4 million goal.
- The principal funds will be held and managed by the University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO) in perpetuity. Accumulated interest from these class endowments will be used to enhance BBA programs.