Parents Council: Engagement Opportunities
"“McCombs is an educational resource that continues to expand and improve on its already highly respected reputation. Congratulations and welcome to the McCombs family!
Mimi and Bill Vanderstraaten
McCombs Parents Council Co-Chairs
Mimi and Bill live in Dallas and have two children, Emily and Will. Emily graduated in 2014 with a degree in Marketing from McCombs and minor in French and is the Marketing Director for the Deep Ellum Foundation in Dallas. Will is a senior majoring in Finance with certificates in the Energy Management Program and the Undergraduate Real Estate Program, and is a current participant in the REIT/Private Equity Program.
Bill is President of Chief Partners, LP, a family office focused on commercial real estate investments, and Mimi is a community volunteer and pursues a variety of interests in Dallas. Bill earned a BBA in Real Estate from SMU in 1982 and Mimi a BBA in Finance from UT, Austin in 1982.
For information on the
Texas BBA Program
If you are interested in learning more about how to get involved in the
McCombs Parents Council
Executive Level-members of the McCombs Parents Council are invited to serve and support Texas BBA program initiatives. Areas of involvement include:
Academic Support & Global Experiences
- Student Advising
- Study Abroad Opportunities
Prospective Student Recruitment & Diversity
Leadership Development & Student Organizations
Opportunities for Engagement
- Speaking – Speaking and serving as a resource for parents at Family Weekend.
- Supporting other events – including leadership development events, McCombs MFEA, DYNAMC, LeaderShape® at McCombs retreat, and student organization weekly meetings with identifying and connecting potential panel speakers.
- Videos from a parents' perspective – Creating an off-to-school FAQ video for Summer Family Orientation in addition to recruitment and global experience videos.
- Postcards – Signing personal notes on postcards sent to prospective students.
- Parent-to-Parent Outreach – help provide information and insights to other current and prospective parents.
- Events – host and/or attend McCombs informational events in Texas cities for prospective students to learn more about the application process.
- Fundraising – help raise current-use funds for the Texas BBA program as well as supporting the McCombs School in its goal to raise a $4 million permanent endowment for this program