CLE advances original research and provides practicable insights to real world problems through our partnerships and organizations outside McCombs. Offering co-research opportunities between academia and the industry will help students exceed expectations upon graduation. CLE research can take the form of:
- People Analytics
- Neuroscience and Leadership
- Leadership Assessments
- Quantified Communication
CLE provides students the opportunity to take on projects targeted at addressing the greatest challenges of leaders. This cognitive training can not only develop a deeper level of understanding for our students but also gives them a creative edge.
At the core of good leadership is integrity. Ethics is less about judging right and wrong and more about understanding how the legal, ethical and social implications can change business decisions and impact professional reputations. McCombs seeks to build a core language of ethics by practicing these dilemmas in and outside the classroom, including:
- Over 100 Ethics Unwrapped videos covering basic ethics, behavioral ethics and business ethics
- All MBAs are required to take 3 hours of Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility course work
CLE believes providing a dialogue around ethics enables well-intentioned people to act ethically in accordance with their values and leadership style. It is our mission to help well-intentioned people make ethical decisions in light of growing complexity. Click HERE to access our Ethics Unwrapped series.
Inspiring and inclusive leadership will continue to be at the forefront of McCombs’ priorities. By enabling leaders and organizations to leverage different talents in the workplace it creates a system that works for everyone. During their time at McCombs, students can challenge biases by:
- Attending a workshop on Diversity and Team Effectiveness during Orientation
- Taking Leading People, one of the two options for core class requirements
- MBA students step outside their comfort zone and hone their leadership skills during our annual trek across Patagonia, Chile
CLE strives to assess unintended bias in the classroom, produce more inclusive leaders, and maximize the impact of diverse leaders.