A completed application consists of the following:
- All sections within online application filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score for all international applications
- Personal essays
- Two letters of recommendation
- One-minute video essay
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
When applying to the Texas MSF, please be aware that:
- All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are unexpired. We cannot waive this requirement despite work experience. The GMAT code for MSF is now 396-44-78.
- All international students must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- All applicants must hold a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university or an equivalent three-year degree. The UT Graduate International and Admissions Center (GIAC) makes the decision if a specific three year degree is considered equivalent. Please utilize the guide provided by UT GIAC as a guide.
For more information about degree requirements, policies, procedures, and being an MS Student in the McCombs School of Business, please review our 2021-2022 Student Handbook below.
Application FAQs Student Handbook
Traditional & Bridge applications are now open
Round 1: October 18, 2021
- Round 2: January 10, 2022*
- Round 3: March 28, 2022
- Round 4: May 16, 2022
*Final international deadline
International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 due to the increase in processing times for travel documents (i.e. I-20, visa, and travel reservations).
Our MSF applicant pool becomes more competitive each year. We will not review incomplete or late applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- Completion of a three-hour introductory statistics and economics course
The Texas MSF welcomes applicants with work experience, however no work experience is required to be accepted.
Upcoming Info Sessions
Interested in learning more about our One-Year Specialized Masters programs from Texas McCombs? Join us for a virtual Info Session or Application Workshop! You’ll hear information about the application and admissions process, curriculum and career outcomes, as well as what life is like in Austin.