Texas MSITM Program Prerequisites
Admission to the MSITM program is selective. We will not review incomplete applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution by spring semester before beginning the MS Program
- University coursework or professional experience in computer programming and database is required; major, minor, or certificate in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is preferred
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply
A common question MSITM receives from potential applicants relates to the level of technical skills required to successfully complete the fast-paced MSITM curriculum. While not required, we strongly suggest evaluating your technical skills as you consider applying to the MSITM program. Please utilize the Suggested Skillsets below and/or complete the online programming challenges below to help you gauge your level of technical preparedness as an MSITM applicant.
Suggested Skillsets Test Your Skills
Questions about Master of Science in IT and Management admissions? Contact us at TexasMSITM@mccombs.utexas.edu!
Applications for the Class of 2022 are now open!
Please see application deadlines below:
First Deadline: October 19, 2020
Second Deadline: January 11, 2021 (Final deadline for international applicants)
Third Deadline: March 15, 2021
Final Deadline: April 26, 2021
Courses for the Class of 2022 will begin in the summer of 2021. Applicants have the opportunity to apply to up to two Master of Science Programs for a single application fee.