Photo Contest Rules:
Every semester the BBA IP office holds a photo contest of which we invite students who have returned from a semester or year abroad to submit photos. UT students and McCombs Faculty/Staff are invited to vote for the winner of the photo contest. Stay tuned for our next International photo competition.
1. Two contest cycles per academic year:
- Fall students are one cycle
- Spring and summer students are grouped as one cycle
2. One entry per student, per cycle:
- Example 1: Fall 2012 student goes to Copenhagen – may submit one entry
- Example 2: Fall 2012 through spring 2013 student goes to Paris – may submit two entries
- Example 3: Fall 2012 through spring 2013 student goes to Vienna then Otago – may submit two entries
- Example 4: Summer 2012 student goes to BI Norway – may submit one entry
3. If needed, photo submissions will be narrowed down to 32 semi-finalist entries by the BBA International Programs staff. The top 32 submissions will be featured on our Photo Contest website, and all entries will be visible on our Flickr account.
4. All photo contest entries must be submitted to the BBA International Programs’ Flickr account. Each semester’s photo contest will have a separate folder set up for students to submit their photos and caption information. Returning BBA exchange students will be notified of the username and password to access and upload to the Flickr account.
5. Must be an original photo taken by the student and not edited using any software. We would like real pictures, please!
6. Agreement for release of information and permission for reprint:
By submitting your photo electronically via Flickr or physically, you are granting BBA International Programs the permission to publicly post, reprint, and release your name (along with other information accompanying your submission).
7. Closing dates for submissions:
- Summer and Spring Cycle: October 1st in the following semester upon return
- Example: Study abroad summer of 2013, submission deadline: October 1, 2013
- Example: Study abroad spring of 2013, submission deadline: October 1, 2013
- Fall Cycle: March 1 in the following semester upon return
- Example: Study abroad Fall of 2013, submission deadline: March 1, 2014
8. Submission should include the information below. Important: When submitting this information, please follow the format shown in the Flickr upload instructions that will be emailed to returning students.
- Your Name
- Title/Caption of Photo (Be creative!)
- Where the photo was actually taken
- Your Foreign Institution and semester of exchange
- Small blurb about your experience