Fall 2022 Semester Registration Timeline
- April 19-April 29 (access period 1): Registration for fall 2022 classes begins. Please check your registration information sheet (RIS) for your registration times.
- June 8-July 22 (access period 2): Continuing and readmitted students.
- August 18-August 21 (access period 3)
Review the Fall 2022 Course Schedule and Academic Calendar for additional registration and class days.
The McCombs BBA Registration Management Staff will be available online during the first four class days from 9:00am- 3:00pm (central time). We will be meeting with students for the following reasons:
- Closed Class Petition: You need to take a business class this semester to progress in your major and you are unable to add that class to your schedule because it is closed. If you are able to take the course in another semester and still graduate on time, you will not be added to a closed class.
- Graduating Senior Petition: You are graduating in fall 2022 and are unable to get into a business class you need to graduate because all sections are closed or waitlisted.
- Course Needed for Degree: You need to take a business course that is only offered in the spring semester.
- Course Conflict: The available sections of two or more business courses you need to take this semester are offered at the same time.
- Work Conflict: Your work schedule is conflicting with the sections available. You must provide documentation of your work schedule on your employer’s letterhead.
- Graduate Student Adding a BBA Course: You are a graduate student and your advisor has approved for you to add an undergraduate business course.
On the 5th class day, Friday, August 26, the Registration Management Staff will meet with students from 9:00am-5:00pm (central time) to ONLY add to OPEN McCombs courses. The course must show open on the course schedule for the staff to meet with you.
We will be using the online system, QLess, for drop-in assistance. QLess allows you to join a virtual queue via phone or computer and then receive updates about your estimated waiting time for assistance, and will send a text message when it is your turn. To meet with us you can follow this steps:
- Text “texasbba” to 512-515-3792 to join from your phone OR go to https://bit.ly/McCombsQLess
- Select the line that best meets your needs (refer to the list above).
- You will receive an estimated wait time.
- When it is your turn, you will receive a Zoom Meeting ID via text.
- Upon receiving the message, you will have 5 minutes to join the Zoom meeting.
Helpful Registration Websites
Registration Help for Current BBA
Having problems registering?
There are certain circumstances in which the BBA Program Office can assist you in registering. There are generally two types of issues students face when registering:
- Trying to add a course but the prerequisite isn't on your transcript yet?
- Receiving prerequisite warnings (afraid of being dropped) but the prerequisite isn't on your transcript?
- Wanting to add or keep a course but you don't have the prerequisite?
- Visit the prerequisite issues webpage.
- Trying to graduate this upcoming semester but need a course that is currently closed?
- Trying to add a course that is closed?
- Trying to switch sections of a course you are already registered for?
- Visit the enrollment issues webpage.
Tips for Registration
Tips for Registration
Registration and Add/Drop periods:
If a class is full during registration, your first step is adding yourself to the class waitlist, if one is available. Those students will receive first priority for any open seats.
To join a waitlist, you need to request to add the section you want - if it is full.
If a class does not have a waitlist, all you can do is check during later add/drop periods (students may drop, the department may add more seats, etc.). If you have questions about a class that's full or restricted, check with the department that offers the class. Each department's location and phone number can be found by clicking on a specific unique number, and opening "see department headnote," or finding the department on the UT directory.
Remember, business school classes are handled by the BBA Program Office, CBA 2.400, 512-471-0690.
If you are graduating and need a particular class to graduate, fill out a Graduating Senior form, but registration into particular sections is not guaranteed. If another class or section is available that can also fulfill the degree requirement, you will need to take that instead.
UT cannot always accommodate every student's work schedule or other outside activities. If a class has several sections, you may need to rearrange your schedule to take an open section, or not take the class that semester. Do not structure your entire schedule around a certain section of a certain course until you've safely added yourself to it!
First class day through fifth class day:
The waitlists operate through the fourth class day, so if a class has a waitlist option, that's still your best option to be added to the class.
It is extremely important to attend classes you wish to add. If you have missed one or more class meetings, many departments will be unwilling to add you into a full class, as you will already be behind.
You may add/drop yourself online during the first four class days. From the fifth through twelfth class days, you may still drop classes online, but after the fifth class day, the BBA Program Office does not allow any adds into any undergraduate BBA courses.
Remember: Professors CANNOT add you into classes.
All business school courses are handled by the BBA Program Office, CBA 2.400, 512-471-0690. For non-business courses, check with the appropriate department before contacting a professor. Different departments may have different add procedures. Each department's location and phone number can be found by clicking on a specific unique number and opening 'see department headnote', or finding the department on the UT directory.
Non-Business Students Seeking Business Classes
Info for Non-BBAs
Students of all majors are welcome to enroll in Business Minor classes. You may register without assistance.
Students outside McCombs may register from a list of approved courses from the McCombs curriculum on a space-available basis.
For a Graduate student trying to add an undergraduate business course a letter from their graduate advisor is needed. The letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should explain that the class requested is required for the student's program of study. Students with the letter will be able to add starting on the first class day. We'll accommodate based on course availability up until the fifth class day.
Business school restrictions are removed from all classes offered during the summer. Students must still meet prerequisite requirements.