Meet Your Peer Advisors
Welcome to the BBA Academic Advising page!
Welcome to the BBA Academic Advising page! If you are looking for Registration Support Click Here!
BBA students in the McCombs School of Business are served by the BBA Academic Advising team. CBHP and iMPA students should work directly with their advising teams.
When you have questions or concerns, here are all the ways you can work with an academic advisor:
- Schedule an appointment through your McCombs BBA Advising Canvas Appointments are most appropriate for registration advising, long-term degree planning, study abroad planning, and more in-depth questions that may take more time.
- Log in for virtual Friday drop-in advising. Throughout the semester, we host Friday drop-ins from 10am-12pm and 1-3pm on QLess. Drop-ins are great for quick questions or time-sensitive issues.
- Email with an advisor. See your McCombs BBA Advising Canvas page for contact information.
- Text us with quick and simple questions. McCombs students will receive a text message from our office at the start of each semester, and should save that number to use to text us back.
- Visit our front desk in CBA 2.400 to speak with a Peer Advisor (PA). Our PAs are available to answer questions, help you set up advising appointments, and refer you to appropriate offices.
- Submit online petitions for the following:
- Prerequisite Documentation: necessary when:
- You had a Degree Modification Request (DMR) approved to use a substitute course in your BBA degree, and now need that course to count as a prerequisite for a future course.
- You completed a business course in transfer, are waiting for the official transcript to be posted, but need the course to count as a prerequisite for a future course. Example: you completed ACC 311 in transfer, and are trying to register for ACC 312.
- Hours Increase Requests: for students who would like to take more than 17 hours in an upcoming fall or spring term.
Still unsure about how to get help? Email email@example.com to reach our team.
Summer/Fall Registration Advising Options
With the summer and fall online course schedules now available and registration starting in April, there are multiple ways for you to get help prepping for registration:
1. Academic Advising Appointments
Don't wait! If you'd like to meet for an individual academic advising appointment, go to your McCombs BBA Advising Canvas page today to book an appointment. Our advising team's calendars fill up quickly for registration.
If you are unable to get an appointment, please use the options below for registration planning and support
2. Attend a Registration Planning Session
Have some general registration questions, but don't need a full apppointment? Planning to graduate next year, and want to check your remaining courses?
Our team is hosting four Registration Advising Planning Sessions to help students in a group setting. Students can expect a short presentation highlighting registration tools, and registration planning support from our advising team in small groups.
Sessions for rising sophomores and juniors (students planning to graduate in 2025, 2026, or later):
- Wednesday, March 22, 5:30-7:00pm, GSB 2.120
- Tuesday, March 28, 5:30-7:00pm, GSB 3.106
Sessions for rising seniors (students planning to graduate in August '23, December '23, or May '24):
- Thursday, March 23, 5:30-7:00pm, GSB 3.106
- Wednesday, March 29, 5:30-7:00pm, GSB 2.120
3. Registration Plan Review
Our advising team is happy to review your registration plans for summer/fall 2023 digitally. To request this help:
- Run an Interactive Degree Audit to understand what remaining requirements you have.
- Complete this Registration Planning Form and upload it to Box. Our advising team will review it and get back to you with feedback and notes about your plan.
4. Drop-in Registration Advising: April 10-14
During the 2nd week of registration, our advising team will see students on a virtual drop-in basis only so we can serve as many students as possible:
10am-12pm & 1-3pm
All drop-ins will be virtual through QLess.
NOTE: The QLess system will give you an estimated wait time, and then notify you when an advisor is ready for you to join their Zoom link. Once you join an advisor's Zoom waiting room, note that it may take a few more minutes before they are ready to meet with you as they review your record.
Wait times for registration advising drop-ins may be longer than usual, so you might need to log out and return to drop-ins at a different time or day. We appreciate your patience!
5. BBA Registration Course Guide
Review our Registration Course Guide for understanding the basic BBA degree requirements.