Degree planning is a process - from orientation to graduation. While your advising team is here to help you along the way, we also want to make sure resources are available for you should you want to do some degree planning on your own. Below you can find blank versions of the degree checksheets we typically provide during appointments. You can also find prerequisite flowcharts, track course lists (for the majors that have tracks), 4-year planners, and additional resources. If you ever find yourself stumped regarding degree planning or progress, definitely reach out to your advisor.
McCombs School of Business Undergraduate Degree Plans
|Accounting - Integrated BBA/MPA||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|Business Analytics (BAX)||N/A||N/A||N/A||2022-2024|
|Canfield Business Honors||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|Finance with Accounting Minor||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|Finance: Energy, Law & Science Track||N/A||N/A||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|International Business - Language Skills Track||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|International Business - Global Business Skills Track||N/A||N/A||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|Management Information Systems (MIS)||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
|Science & Technology Management (STM)||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||N/A|
|Supply Chain Management||2016-2018||2018-2020||2020-2022||2022-2024|
These flowcharts are meant to provide a visual resource in understanding how prerequisites and corequisites work. You can use these to make sure you are on-track to take specific classes during certain semesters as you work towards graduation.
- Prerequisites occasionally change. You should download new versions of these every semester.
- If there is a conflict between these flowcharts and the course schedule, you should always follow the course schedule
- These plans list all of the major requirements for each major, but do not list every requirement for graduation. Make sure to make use of the Interactive Degree Audit to see your overall degree progress.
- If you find any issues with these flowcharts, please contact your academic advisor.
The Finance Department has created tracks to help students choose courses relevant to their area of interest. When you declare Finance as your major, you must also choose the track you'd like to follow. Each track has specific courses that will count based on your catalog. You can find the tracks and their requirements for the current catalogs below.
The Management Department has created tracks to help students choose courses relevant to their area of interest. When you declare Management as your major, you must also choose the track you'd like to follow. Each track has specific courses that will count based on your catalog. You can find the tracks and their requirements for the current catalogs below.
Beginning with the 16-18 catalog, the Science & Technology Management major introduced Business Blocks. These blocks allow students to focus on an area of business they are interested in. The blocks currently available are: General, Finance, Supply Chain, and Management Information Systems.
The requirements for each block are available in the Undergraduate Catalog:
Some of our McCombs students are pursuing Pre-Med as well. In collaboration with the Health Profession Office (HPO), we created plans that include all of the McCombs requirements as well as the requirements for Pre-Med.
- These plans are Pre-Med specific. If you are pursuing a different Pre-Health Profession, use the HPO website and talk with your academic advisor.
- These plans assume you come in with no credit and that you plan to take the MCAT junior year.
- These plans are focused on requirements for Texas medical schools, but you should be aware that some schools have other requirements. It is important that you know and follow the requirements for the school(s) you are interested in, even if they differ from the requirements in the plans below.
|Interactive Degree Audit||Run audits as any major at UT Austin to see which requirements you've completed and which you still need|
|Automated Transfer Equivalency||Find out how courses at other Texas colleges transfer to UT|
|Sanger Learning Center||Offers tutoring; workshops on note taking, study skills, test taking, etc.|
|Student Testing Services||Claim credit for AP, CLEP, IB, and other tests|
|Syllabus Database||Find out more about a course and the instructor|
|Office of the Registrar||Course schedules, registration times, tuition, final exam schedule, GPA calculator, etc.|