Canfield BHP Students are required to maintain their GPA to stay in the program. Freshmen must be enrolled in at least 12 hours in both the fall and spring semesters and have an overall 3.25 or greater GPA by the end of their freshman year for courses taken at UT. Sophomores, juniors and seniors must maintain a 3.25 or greater overall GPA. Learn more about the Canfield BHP GPA requirements.
Canfield BHP Honor Code
Students are expected to uphold the Canfield BHP Honor Code that they signed when they entered Canfield BHP.
Statement of Intent: -Adopted by Canfield BHP Students:
We, the students of the Canfield Business Honors Program (Canfield BHP), have adopted this Code as an expression of our commitment to ethical standards. We believe honor and trust are essential to a superior academic experience and continued professional success. It is intended to unite us and create an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Each student must abide by and defend the Code.
Therefore we resolve that:
- We will abide by University policies for academic integrity.
- We will neither give nor receive unauthorized aid during completion of academic requirements.
- We will not act to gain any unfair advantage or to cause academic or professional harm to another student.
- We will not misrepresent facts or qualifications at any time.We will not purposely obtain or possess property belonging to the University or another student without consent, nor will we deny other students access to university resources.
- We will treat all individuals fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, creed, age, disability, national origin, and sexual orientation.
- We will conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity in all endeavors—whether academic, social, professional, or otherwise.
- We will strengthen the Business Honors community by holding each other accountable to this Code.
(All Canfield BHP students are required to sign a copy of the Canfield BHP Honor Code upon admittance to the Canfield Business Honors Program.)
To submit an Honor Code Report or ask a question about ethics, please submit a report.
The Canfield BHP advisors are available to help students with course planning and school-related issues. All freshmen are required to attend an advising session during summer orientation and during their first year. All other Canfield BHP students are welcome to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor or come in for drop-in advising hours. As a student, it is your responsibility to make sure you are meeting with your advisor to keep your degree plan(s) on track. To schedule an advising session, call the Canfield BHP front desk at 512-475-6325 or email the advising team.
Canfield BHP Communications
Students receive a weekly email from Canfield BHP with important advising and other related information. Students should be reading this email and paying close attention to deadlines and advising notices. Additionally, we encourage students to follow Canfield BHP social media outlets, such as Facebook, Instagram, and the Canfield BHP blog. We also encourage you to join the Canfield BHP Alumni/Student LinkedIn Group.