Parents Council: Engagement Opportunities
Executive Level members of the McCombs Parents Council are invited to serve and support Texas BBA program initiatives.
Areas of involvement include:
Academic Support & Global Experiences
- Student Advising
- Study Abroad Opportunities
Prospective Student Recruitment & Diversity
- DYNAMC - Discover Yourself in Accounting Majors and Careers
- MFEA - McCombs Future Executive Academy
- Regional recruiting events
Leadership Development & Student Organizations
- Leadership Program – 4 year program
- LeaderShape® at McCombs retreat
- Student-led student organizations
Opportunities for Engagement
- Speaking – Speaking and serving as a resource for parents at Family Weekend.
- Supporting other events – including leadership development events, McCombs MFEA, DYNAMC, LeaderShape® at McCombs retreat, and student organization weekly meetings with identifying and connecting potential panel speakers.
- Videos from a parents' perspective – Creating an off-to-school FAQ video for Summer Family Orientation in addition to recruitment and global experience videos.
- Postcards – Signing personal notes on postcards sent to prospective students.
- Parent-to-Parent Outreach – help provide information and insights to other current and prospective parents.
- Events – host and/or attend McCombs informational events in Texas cities for prospective students to learn more about the application process.
- Fundraising – help raise current-use funds for the Texas BBA program as well as supporting the McCombs School in its goal to raise a $4 million permanent endowment for this program.
Hear from our Co-Chairs
"Texas Means Business, and your support of the McCombs School of Business means greater opportunity for all its students."
Judy Ann and Jimmy McCartney
McCombs Parents Council Co-Chairs, 2018-19